What Are Vehicle Inspections?
It seems like many Phoenix drivers forget that Bell Road Toyota is here after the ink dries on their paperwork. That’s a shame, since we work just as hard after the sale to ensure you get the most out of your new or pre-owned Toyota vehicle by providing services that extend to parts, service, and even Arizona vehicle inspections.
What is a Vehicle Inspection?
As with so many other things, Arizona’s vehicle inspection regimen is a bit quirky. The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ), which is responsible for vehicle inspections, requires emissions inspections under the following circumstances:
There are other systems that will be checked during your visit to the Toyota service center at 2020 West Bell Road in Phoenix, but emissions testing is the most common cause of failed inspections. If everything checks out, we’ll pass your vehicle and you’ll be all set ’til it’s time for your next inspection. If your vehicle fails inspection, you’ll need to make the needed repairs and have the vehicle re-tested.
Good news: if you recently bought a new Toyota vehicle from us, it’ll be a couple of years before you’ll need an inspection.
- If you’re a new Arizona resident, your vehicle should be registered and inspected ASAP, even if you’ve recently passed another state’s emissions inspection
- Except for certain exempt classes (models dating from 1967 or earlier, alternative fuel vehicles five years old or newer), all vehicles manufactured from 1968 to the present are subject to inspection
- Depending on the vehicle class, inspections may take place either annually (diesel vehicles, vehicles with a GVWR greater than 8,500 pounds) or biannually (vehicles manufactured after 1996 with a GVWR less than 8,500 pounds, excluding diesels)
- Your vehicle must be inspected if you live in either Phoenix or Tucson, or if you drive to either of those cities regularly for work or school
- Testing must take place no more than 90 days prior to registration or renewal
Our Service Center
Besides having all the tools for diagnostics and inspections, our Phoenix Toyota service center has more to offer. We’re convenient (open from 7:30am - 6pm Monday to Friday, and 8am - 5pm on Saturday), we offer ToyotaCare and Toyota Express Maintenance, and if you need parts or service to help your vehicle pass inspection, it’s all right here.
So whether you need inspection service, vehicle maintenance, or OEM Toyota parts, visit your Phoenix Toyota dealership. Contact Bell Road Toyota for any questions you may have, and all the help you need to pass inspection with flying colors.